Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Anatomy of an Exhaustion

How did I end up this way, you ask? Why is every inch of my body screaming at me to slow the **** down and recover? (my body has a potty mouth, apparently)

For the last 8 weeks, I have been waking early to arrive at my school by 830am, where I taught until about 415 each day. Occasionally (each of the last 3 days), I was finagled into playing faculty/counselor kickball, where (honest to fsm) I was declared MVP for two stunning diving catches, or dodgeball, where I gladly took aim at children who were spawn of some unholy creature. Each one of those was an hour of cardio, essentially. Looks like I'm back on the exercise wagon.

This evening I also finished about 9 weeks of a consulting project with a local arts organization. It appears that I'll be starting another project next week and a third the following week. Regardless, I won't be running from teaching to office work each day, which kept me toiling until 9pm most nights.

After that, I'd practice. For two days I've been too tired to play for more than an hour each day.

What's next: I'll finish my last day of summer teaching on Friday. For the next 2 1/2 days, I will practice days and send a few emails at night. I'm still looking for a few students, so I need to wrap that up in the next few days. After that, I plan to head to NY for about a week of relaxation. Of course, I'll still work a bit with daily practice and some business calls, but my environment and the company I keep will be quite lovely.

I'm updating with so much detail to assure those who've written me, both parental types and friends all over, that I am indeed alive. I'll start with discusions of the upcoming season soon enough. First I must drink the blood of the innocent to....er....or maybe I should just sleep.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quite lovely environment? I hope I get on an early flight so I have time to clean up.

8/18/2007 12:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home