Thursday, May 31, 2007

(sigh) Apparently --Someone-- was bored...

So here's a new post...

It's nice to be working on newish music for once. I'm getting a chance to learn a few new patterns for the fingers and give the brain a workout on the musical end of things. It's good to have to sit and make musical decisions based on the harmony and sequences found and implied by a piece. So far, though, I've been really only working on learning the Bach/Hasty previously mentioned. As I've finally finished all of the pitch detective work on the Schuller, I should ramp up finger work there too. As I wrap up the rest of the analysis, I'll be able to start to making sense of how these varying tempo changes are supposed to happen. Ack...to be a musician...

What's the simplest way to post audio files to Blogger? I'd like to phase in a project that's interesting to me, but I need a simple way for you reader folks to be able to listen (via streaming or download) to quick clips. Should I just use a file host somewhere out there in the tubes, or is there a simple way to embed a player? I could use suggestions on where to look. I'm sure I could figure it out were I not spending so much time making a living and practicing right now. Thanks for any help you might be able to provide.

Oh yes...Anyone have this phone? I can get an awesome price on it, but I'd kind of like to either play with it or hear someone's 1st-hand account of their experiences with it.

Ah, perhaps next time I'll plug my friend's upcoming Carnegie recital. If I'm not a total doof, I'll look up the appropriate links so you can go too if you please. It's still a few weeks away, so no hurry. Also, I'll try to remember to pimp the orchestra's upcoming auditions and concerts. If you come to them, perhaps we can all go to the track...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home