Monday, April 02, 2007

Check-Up

Exhuasted again today. I got up as ass o'clock this morning and spent all day playing the horn. At least it's an honest exhuastion, not one brought about by spending too much time watching CSI OnDemand.

As I mentioned before, I'm playing some of my upcoming repertoire for friends an colleagues in anticipation of my upcoming crazy April. The first meeting of the day went pretty well, with a few reminders of where I need to focus my attention over the next few days. The 2nd meeting, with 2 other clarinetists, just sounded like tons o' poo. Really crap. I had a reed that would probably be of more use to a groundhog, but I just soldiered on and played through it. As I couldn't change reeds in mid-piece on stage, I figured it would be a good learning experience.

I hate learning.

Current reading: Shalimar the Clown by Salman Rushdie. Apparently the fatwah hasn't found its way to him yet. Must be a fast runner.

(Posted the next day due to laziness and exhaustion...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home