Friday, March 30, 2007

Kerplunk

So...tired....(to be said in a Captain James Tiberius Kirk voice...dripping with melodrama)

As my car seemed to think that I tried to steal it on Tuesday, it promptly took action, crippling itself. This morning, I was able to get myself out of bed at ass o'clock and get on the Commuter Rail for retrieval. Yes, I had to go all the way back to the burbs where it died.

After that, a couple hours practicing, a few hours of rehearsing an exhausting Strauss piece, and a few more hours of practice. For my last 2 hours though, I tortured myself (and others) by sitting in a concert hall and playing repertoire for my friends. Poor schmoes. That crap is tiring, especially when you pick a reed and stick with it even when it stinks. Gotta learn to make it work.

I left the hall a little past 11pm, which makes me o-so-tired. I have a day to myself tomorrow to recover and continue my preparation. The king is dead. Long live the King.

Or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home