Saturday, December 02, 2006

Return to our Regular Scheduling

Just finished watching "Domino" with Keira Knightly. No, Keira wasn't here this time to watch it with me. In fact, she was starring in the movie as a asskicking bounty hunter. I expected the movie to be crap, but was highly entertained. In fact, it's a movie that I probably should have seen in the theater. Yup, I would have paid to see it. Nope, I didn't pay to see it this time. What do you take me for?

Okay, so now I'm teaching this college student here in Seoul. He's a good player, but doesn't speak much english. I don't speak much Korean. For those of you who have suffered through a lesson with me, this means that I'm not allowed to drone on and on while (eventually) trying to make a point. Basically, I just stare at him until I can come up with a way to pantomime, play, or explain in pidgin-Korean what I want. Poor kid. He's paying through the nose. Since I spend very little time explaining -why- we do something, I feel like I'm not completely effective. It's something akin to giving a man a fish as opposed to teaching him how to throw dynamite in a pond. Er...Or something like that. Perhaps I've seen too many movies involving Paul Hogan. Well, at least he's getting LONG lessons, along the lines of Bobby Ray's LONG lessons. I made sure to have it explained to him that he only pays for the first hour. After that, any extra time is just me keeping myself amused.

I was about to write next about how I have some good reeds, but decided not to since I didn't want to tempt fate. Oh...damnit...I did it anyway. While I'm at it, why don't I just beat up a Rabbi or pee in some holy water? (Exactly how many Rabbis do you think are wandering around Seoul at any one time? I haven't seen hide nor hair of a Temple since I got here. It's not exactly Brookline around here.)

Oh, and Tina Fey's 30 Rock is funny. That means it'll be off the air soon, so enjoy it while you can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home