Friday, November 24, 2006

A Safe Release Valve

In a fantastic counterweight to the stress of the job, I met with old friends tonight: YH Kim, YR Kim, DJ Kim, SY Cho, and S Kim. They're all chums from undergrad. We spend the evening eating, drinking, and being merry. Fun all around. Now, considering that we all have fancy-pants phones, there are tons of pics and videos out there in the ether. Those pics should be filtering in to my email box over the next few days. I'll post them so those of you who know them can enjoy vicariously our revelry. We were so tame compared to our raucous shivarees of nearly 10 years ago. Frankly, I much prefer this kind of get-together. I enjoy just relaxing and talking. Of course, it wasn't all soothing and boring, but we were all constantly comfortable. I'm positive that all involved thoroughly enjoyed themselves. A good hang.

These were a few of the people I was really looking forward to seeing when I came Korea. Of the 6 of us, exactly half (including none of the males) are married now. So strange to think of them all hitched and whatnot. Congratulations to them.

And with that up-note, my tipsy ass is going to go to bed. I've got to get up and do a bit of shmoozing in the morning. Crap...I've even got to practice. Ooh...but there's a prize at the end of the rainbow with another social engagement tomorrow evening. To slumber with me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home