Friday, December 15, 2006

Peter and the Wolf

Lovely concert, but the cat got a few scratches going up the tree. I blame TM for this. He never should have told me about his own problems with that clarinet cadenza. Now I look at it and say to myself "Jesus, if TM has a problem with it, what the hell am I going to do?" Whatever...so the cat hit a branch on the way up, but he got up and relaxed nicely. Next time I'm just going to have the cat shoot the wolf and the piece will be over earlier than anticipated. The check still cashes if I end the piece 15 minutes early, right?

Had some good reeds though. I'd like to hear the recording to see if it was all in my head. The audience was appreciative and the after-concert company was quite lovely.

On tap tomorrow: Practice, a lesson, maybe a little Taco Bell (although I wouldn't bet on it considering our past tries), a little more practicing, and oh-dear-fsm-some-sleep-please-oh-please. The Maestro begins flogging us on Tuesday, so I'll need to make sure all barrels are loaded for that (equals a little reed work). Oh, and a little more practicing, I'd expect.

To bed with me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home