Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Swag

Okay, so I didn't quite make it to Taco Bell this weekend. I got sidetracked and never quite made into onto the base. You see, there's only one Taco Bell in all of Korea and it's on the Army Base. Apparently, Taco Bell attempted to infiltrate Korea, but failed miserably. Perhaps Korean people just don't want to buy food from a small dog when they could just eat the small...oh, I'll leave that one alone.

I did visit one of the local clarinet shops yesterday after rehearsal. My friend acted as translator and general "smoother of the way" as he frequently does. I just sat around playing with stuff and poking things, as I always do in these shops. This time, however, I walked out with a new clarinet case cover/bag (sweet! The word Prada was used to describe it. It's a little fancy, but I'm not complaining.), some swabs and other accessories, and two new barrels. No, I didn't pay for them. No, I didn't steal them. Holy crap. After I have a chance to try some of these products out, I'll throw up a small review.

However, I did use both barrels in rehearsal today after our break. Significant improvements. I'll probably use them happily in the concert on Thursday.

So, I'm supposed to head back to the shop soon and show them my fancy schmanzy Eb as well as some linguistics/spectrography software. These guys are nerds like me, but with shiny tools and a total lack of laziness. If we're lucky, we'll see more of their shop's products in the US. They already make that 8-reed plastic clarinet case for VanDoren. Anywho, I'll yap about specifics later.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carol Minor said...

Have you heard that a bunch of Taco Bells in Jersey and Long Island were closed because of E. coli contamination? Probably better that you didn't go there. And what's this about a faux Prada case? Next you'll be telling us Louis Vuitton makes your reeds.

12/05/2006 10:34:00 PM  
Blogger Christopher said...

Er, are you sure that it was contamination? I always thought that was an ingredient in the 7-layer burrito. Maybe I'm wrong.

The sheen on the cover is like Prada. Remember, I'm not just rolling with the Koreans. I'm in Korea.

12/05/2006 11:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home