Monday, November 06, 2006

We Don't Need No Edumacation

No, I haven't figured out how to transfer photos from my damned phone yet. Stop asking.

Holy crap...I just heard a Korean metal band trying to cover Pink Floyd on tv. Another brick in the ____? I'm pretty sure it's wall, but they seem to feel otherwise. Bizarre.

I'm still amazed at how cheap the food is here. An assload of octopus (pretty sure my insides will give out as my companion requested it "extra spicy" as some form of Rumsfeldian torture) and a rice concoction made from the remains cost less than 20 bucks. A damned blueberry muffin that would be at least $1.50 in the US is less than a buck here. I'm pretty sure I'll be 200 lbs when I return. (Nope, I refuse to think about kilos until I get a contract extension.) An extra 50 lbs will insulate me for winter...

Okay, so I didn't have any rehearsal today at all. That was a mistake. I start tomorrow. For real...Stop snickering. Really. And only 2.5 hours in the afternoon. Nice, huh? I get to practice all morning, have a leisurely lunch with a colleague, rehearse, and then promptly run screaming back to my apt. to fix all the horrible things I've done during the rehearsal. My neighbors are probably already sharpening their pitchforks.

Come to think of it, that's the only type of store I haven't seen here in Seoul: a pitchfork sharpening service.

Did see a room salon, though. Gotta stay away from that business. If you don't know what it is, google it. I'm not getting into that one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home