Thursday, June 19, 2008

FW: Viking Funeral

I tried to post this a couple of weeks ago, but it failed. Here's another go:

Sent: 5/29/2008 11:52 AM
Subject: Viking Funeral

Yesterday I was "that guy." I was standing on the side of the road (southbound I-9 by Andrews Square if you must know) frantically clutching my super-fancy phone in hopes that it would somehow make my car start or transport it back to Jamaica Plain. If Scotty's Tricorder can do it, my MotoQ should, right?

RIP My Car? Maybe...It IS a 2000 model year with 147k miles on it. That deserves a modicum of respect. However, it also gasped its last breath in the righthand lane on Boston's busiest roadway. If there's nothing else that Dr Strangelove's Rodeo Bombing Run has taught us, it's that style counts when you're on your way out. Negative style points on this one.

So, I had to cancel my morning teaching and a lesson in the afternoon. I managed to make my other afternoon teaching and some evening consulting work. Today, I will only miss one lesson, according to my new commuter rail shennanigans. All in all in all, I am not fully convinced of Boston's train safety considering yesterday's multitude of events on the T.

The clarinet isn't getting much love this week. I haven't gotten much practice in due to my many commutes and complications. As I have no real performing obligations until July, perhaps this will be my vacation?

Oh...a huge thank you to the state trooper who pushed my car with his cruiser until it was safely off the highway. This was the main factor in avoiding a wreck from oncoming traffic...Yay Staties.

Gotta go walk to teach now. Almost my stop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home