Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Rollin rollin rollin...keep those ewoks rollin



I'm back at it...teaching, playing, being a curmudgeon. Today I started teaching in a new place. A national financial establishment has teamed with an arts funding group to allow teachers like me to go into an inner-city school here in Boston. Today was my first day and I have about 18 students. So far, they seem about par for the course in sheer energy (read: decibel level), but quite musically competent. I'm happy that I get to be a part of this particular combination of talent, organization, money, and deserving kids. (Of course, I won't be naming any of the groups involved as I'm not their shill or wanting to be on their bad side for any reason.)

Regarding my big ole' winter break: It was great. I scampered off to North Carolina, played with the rascal in the first picture and my family. Near the end of my stay, I and another lovely young musician wandered over the site of the second photo, where we had a brunch that left me overstuffed and unable to eat for the remainder of the day.

So, the picture quality stinks, I know. I need to remember that my camera phone is really a phone with a sorta-okay camera glued to it. Next time I'll take my handy-dandy super-neato camera with me.

I'm very tired and happy that I don't have to wake up early tomorrow. Yay. I can get some practice in before I start teaching, I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home