Thursday, October 05, 2006

The Reveal

Okay, so here's the digs: I've accepted a bit of work with an orchestra based in Seoul, South Korea. At the end of this month, I'll be flying to Seoul, where I'll live through January. I'll be assuming the position of Assistant Principal/Eb Clarinetist and the repertoire for my stay looks wonderful. If it works out, I may stay in the country for longer. We'll see. This is just one of those opportunities that doesn't come around every day. Gotta snatch 'em when you can.

This should help explain my newfound addiction to Korean drama. It's my way of brushing up on my Korean. Well, actually, it's a piss-poor way to learn a language. I'm actually shamefully addicted to crappy television. I have a good friend in Maryland who's enabling me with the titles of recommended shows. So take it out on her.

Of course, this means that I'm in the process of handing all my students and work over to other musicians. Oy freakin' vey, I tell you. Oy freakin' vey. One of these days, I'll decide that the hassle involved with being a reasonable human being is too much and just throw in that towel. That's when I'll return to conducting, I'm sure. Not a reasonable human being in that bunch.

Okay, so they topics covered in the blog will change a little. I'll try to stick to musical topics. Of course, since I can't seem to do that in the States, I'm not promising that I'll be much better over there. I will, however, do my best to be interesting, at least to myself. If you're not interested, you can just bite me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home