Saturday, September 30, 2006

I Died of Exhuastion 2 Days Ago, But Haven't Had a Chance For It To Sink In

So...tired...so exhausted that my left eye is twitching. I discovered the twitch about 4 days ago. It's not a contstant twitch, but it's frequent and annoying. It twitches less earlier in the day when I haven't had as much coffee.

So, last night I committed heresy. I played a movement from the Bach d minor Partita for solo violin for a benefit concert for one of the schools where I teach. I didn't really expect to play, but I got an email the day before with a final plea. I have a hard time saying no, especially for a good cause. The gate should be going to fund the music program. Can't rationalize not playing.

Of course, that crap meant that I made two round trips out of Boston to that school today. Jesus...

I've been a good boy in all my exhaustion, though. I've been doing an appropriate amount of practicing. I've been trying to get the Dukas' Sorcerer's Apprentice under my fingers and into my head. That's on my next concert, apparently. I'm still trying to get ahold of the Roussel 3rd Symphony. Anyone have a copy? It's rental-only, apparently. I just want to learn the notes before I show up at a rehearsal.

Tomorrow, my plan is to sleep until I wake up. I do hope that I wake up when it's still Saturday. Sooner or later I'll wander into town and do a little practicing. Sleep, though, will be the centerpiece of my day. I realized today that I haven't had a day of in months. All of this galavanting takes its toll on even the most energetic nerd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home