Sunday, September 10, 2006

Wednesday, Sept. 13, 2006

I'm taking part in a chamber music concert as part of the Glens Falls Symphony's "Musicbridge" festival. I'm not sure what else is on the program, but I'll be playing the following:

Luciano Berio's Lied for solo clarinet
Ernesto Cavallini's Adagio and Tarantella for clarinet and piano with pianist Bryan Kirk.

We'll be at the Charles R. Wood Theater in Glens Falls. For more information, including tickets, call 518-793-1348. That's the orchestra's phone number and they'll hook you up. If you'd really like to come and not pay, I haven't done anything with my comp. tickets yet. They could be your's if you bat your eyes and ask sweetly (or punch me in the kidneys and call me bitch). Either way, I hope that you say hello if you come.

Berio and Cavallini? Well, I don't generally play Cavallini-type stuff since I tend to spend more time cramming a bit more "serious" music. I figured that the audience would need a refreshing little dessert after the Berio, though, so I took one for the the team. Of course, that meant that I actually had to learn to play all the notes in Cavallini....damnit.

Alright then...I've managed to make it through another posting without degenerating into an endless stream of filth. It's the little triumphs that make one happy, I guess. Now screw off.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carol Minor said...

I'm leaving the area today so I can't be there (and I don't want to give you the flu!). Good luck and rock the GF crowd!

9/11/2006 12:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home