Saturday, July 29, 2006

Why Don't I Play More Bach?

As Judge Harold T. Stone used to say, "I'm feeling -much- better now."

No RM this evening. Had to keep an ear on my ear just to make sure I was truly okay. Didn't want to stumble out into the middle of the street, get hit by a Mazda, flip over the roof, glance off the rear bumper, crack my left temple on the curb, and black out as my blood seeps into a near my drainage grate. I hate it when that happens. It's much less pleasant than it sounds, I promise you. It was a rather timid run as a result.

This evening I ran into the fantastic marimbist from the other night's concert. Of course, I heaped a little praise on her and the composer/marimbist with her. I heard them rehearse a little and was pleasantly surprised that there are at least two fantastic musicians playing Bach on the Marimba. It was just lovely. They made a point to hand me an advertisement for two upcoming concerts, one of duo Bach and the other of solo marimba Bach. I'm fairly sure I'll be there. Quite frankly, I've got nothing else to do. It's a bit difficult to turn down what I know will be a very well played concert by 2 young musicians. If I'm remotely intelligent (jury is still out), I'll impose upon the composer to whip up something for clarinet and marimba.

Of course, we chatted a bit and bemoaned the whole "making a living" as a musician bit. It's a common theme amongst musicians our age. Anyway, hit that www.zmf.us link and catch them for yourself. The duo concert is tomorrow night.

By the way, Rimsky-Korsakov's Scheherezade beat me like a rented mule tonight. I'm so ashamed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home