Saturday, May 05, 2007

Leave of Absence

Sorry I haven't been keeping up on my blogimification lately. I'm outside of Boston at the moment, getting ready for a concert on Sunday. We're doing Beethoven 5 and the Poulenc Double Piano Concerto. The soloists are good...The pianos used thus far have been shamefully poor. Hopefully, for tomorrow morning's rehearsal, that little hitch will have been smoothed out. Frankly, considering the condition of one of the pianos, the best choice might be a funeral pyre.

On the other hand, maybe an old friend from undergrad will visit in June. I believe that "yay" is the appropriate word here. If she's not careful, I may trick her into reading some repertoire with me. I'm on the prowl for a flexible pianist for a number of concerts next season. (Also, I was just looking for an excuse to use the word "prowl.")

Anyone know where I can get 다방거비 (dabang coffee)? The Vietnamese have an instant coffee that is very similar, so that'll do too. Anyone? Bueller?

Ack...It starting to look like my trip to see the Japanese next weekend is going to be a day trip. I hate those. Drive down in the morning, do your business, load up on caffeine, and drive back in the afternoon/evening. Somewhere in there, you hope to not include a near-death experience, or a death experience. I'm seriously considering splurging on a bus or a train this time. I just don't think I have the energy to bother driving myself. Looking for parking alone would cause me to become manic, I'm afraid. What would happen if/when my car decides to go wonky...right in the middle of 59th?

Just found out that another friend is going to Singapore in the Fall. He'll just be visiting the country occasionally for a while due to his work, it seems. It'd be nice to see a friendly face if I end up spending time there myself.

No pics for you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home