Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Zing (without an exclamation point)

Uh oh...my brain seems to be spinning again. It's not dizziness this time. Instead, I've got ideas. Ideas, I tell you! (I've been told I need more exclamation points in my writing.) I've got one that takes advantage of the acquired knowledge (and inability to not share it...it's a sickness we all have) of all of those clarinet players out there. I've taken a quick look to see about the technological needs of this little scheme. Looks like it won't cost me a thing. I need to look into a more direct, less complicated way of implementing this, but it's coming along. (Thank FSM for Web 2.0 and all that jazz.)

Well, it's coming along slowly. I'm still trying to finish the analysis of Schuller's piece. A few sections have stumped me a bit, so I need to take a second look at them. I'm trying to get a fairly complete picture of the piece before I go to the books and articles out there. I'd rather not get trapped into one way of thinking before I even get to the puzzle. (If you haven't figure it out yet, I'm frequently interested in the puzzle-like nature of analyzing a piece rather than the "artistic impact.")

1 Comments:

Blogger Carol Minor said...

YAY for exclamation points!!
...!!!

5/23/2007 02:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home