Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Damned Conservatory Hippies

I'd like to post a little on the crap that conservatories are feeding their students these days, but I'm a little too dismayed. I sat at a table tonight with two rather important composers: Christian Wolff and Michael Finnessey. That was interesting, but I was captivated listening to a few kids just out of Undergrad talk about how they didn't bother playing orchestral music or any of that common practice nonsense. They just didn't see why it was important to being a good musician. They thought they'd make it big playing contemporary music.

I'm dumfounded. In fact, I was nearly struck mute by the entire conversation. Once my faculties return completely, I'm sure I'll post a rant here. Be forwarned.

Kids today...Can't live with 'em, can't legally sell 'em.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home