Friday, May 29, 2009

Some upcoming performances

So I'll be playing some concerts in NYC in June that (I assume) all the glitterati will be attending. They're all part of the Institute and Festival for Contemporary Performance.


Sunday, June 21st, 8pm - at Mannes Concert Hall, 150 West 85th Street, NYC
David Sanford's "Dogma '74"
I'm not sure exactly what the instrumentation is, but it's some good old contemporary chamber music.


Tuesday, June 23rd, 8pm - at Mannes Concert Hall, 150 West 85th Street, NYC
Gunther Schuller's "Episodes for Solo Clarinet"
Pretty sure I know the instrumentation for that one.


Tuesday, June 23rd or Wednesday, June 24th, 8pm - at Mannes Concert Hall, 150 West 85th Street, NYC
Pianist Carol Minor and I will be playing the Berg "4 Pieces" for clarinet and piano, but we haven't nailed down which date specifically yet. Also, I'll be doing several movements from Messiaen's "Quartet for the End of Time" on one of those.

Although IFCP's calendar isn't completely up yet, keep an eye out HERE for more info. Pianist Marc Ponthus and cellist Joel Krosnick will both be giving solo recitals during the festival, so it should be a welcome addition to your summer.

After that, I'll be serving up traditional Pops faire with the Glens Falls Symphony on

Saturday June 27 8:00pm West Mountain Ski Area
Saturday July 4 8:00pm Crandall Park, Glens Falls
Thursday July 9 8:00pm Lake George

These last three are in upstate NY. If you want to go, but can't figure out how to get there, let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home