Friday, February 10, 2006

Ahem, Hey You...Yes You, the One Who's Reading This

Alright folks...yes, I said folks. I know that you're there. Just saying hello. Those of you who know me should feel free to leave a comment or two. Of course, if they're snarky, leave at least three. If you don't know me at all, leave one any way.

Reeds...Spawn of Satan...Same difference. I seem to be burning through reeds faster than Wilt the Stilt through cheerleaders. When I stare frustrated at the reeds in front of me, knowing full well that the reeds aren't really the problem, I remember Jamie Hafner's advice. "Maybe you should quit and take up something easier, like brain surgery." Don't think that he was referring to me. Actually, he was speaking to a band full of teenagers that included me. Honestly, he was one of those teachers you remember forever for the love he had for the subject. He's now living in Brevard, NC. I hope that he's stirring up trouble for someone.

I'm still in this strange repertoire place. No final word yet on the new piece: Carter's Esprit Rude/Doux in a trio with Marimba instead of just the flute/clarinet duo? I don't know it, but I'm looking forward to working with the marimbist (wha?) and flutist if that's the word. They're good players and all, but they were fun on the last Callithumpian Southern Strategy Tour (has NOTHING to do with the GOP Southern Strategy). The rehearsal process would be musically rewarding and just plain fun.

For some reason, I actually have practice time over the next two days. Yum...I've been lucky to have this small lull in the storm so I can become a decent musician and clarinetist again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hee-hee! I know why you have some practice time! Whots this Southern Strategy?

2/11/2006 08:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home