Monday, January 23, 2006

When a Tree Falls on a Putz

What happens when you bail on a gig? Does the gig happen anyway? If a tree falls in the forrest and a flutist isn't there to hear it, does it make a sound? Absolutely. What happens to the ears that had agreed to listen to the tree fall? Nothing...Exactly that...Nothing. Next time you need someone to trek out to the forrest, you certainly don't give that person another call. They sit at home, not knowing that they've been passed over. Wash, rinse, repeat. This happens until they find a way to make up for being a putz.

Can you tell I'm cranky?

We've got a bit of snow (enough that I had to cancel driving and hour and a half each way to teach) and I spent my entire morning on the phone dealing with just about everything other than playing the clarinet. I spent about 6 hours practicing the horn today, which was a welcome workout.

A hint of later this season:

Perhaps the Esprit Rude/Esprit Doux from Elliot Carter
Perhaps Isang Yun's Piri

These are possible additions to my steady schedule.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home