Saturday, October 31, 2009

Long Day

Yesterday took forever...at least 27 hours or so, I'd think. This whole "There are only 24 hours in a day" thing is obviously a liberal ploy to make us all lazy communists.

I went to sleep from a long day of teaching, rehearsing, and writing on Wednesday at 4:15am early Thursday morning. Oy...I spent a great deal of time putting thoughts of genius to paper (except digitally).

Two hours later, at around 6:15, I woke up and got my rear end to a sectional for a Brahms Violin Concerto. Let me tell you, it's hard to whip the folks in shape when you're that tired. Of course, then I had to sit through another 2.5 hour rehearsal of my own. My afternoon was spent running errands and yelling at my clarinet.

At 730, a concert in Jersey that was wonderful. Of course, I wasn't playing, but was supporting a couple of friends in their new chamber music series. (Cough cough...for which I'll be playing in April. More to come later on that.)

Then, catching a band at a local establishment at around 1230. Went to bed at 3am. Okay, so only 23 hours yesterday. Hyberbole....sue me.

Today...Halloween! I'm wondering how many ghoulies will show up at the house this year. Seems like a very suburban neighborhood, so I stocked up on the candy just in case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home