Friday, January 16, 2009

Monthly post?

I really don't mean to only post monthly. It just seems to happen that way. I seem to get busy with playing, teaching, sitting on my rump...

Okay, so what's shaking? Hm...Got a concert with the Albany Symphony on the 26th, the Glens Falls Symphony on Feb 7th and 14th. Both are Pops-type concerts, so they have a good bit of music for me to kick out. The Copland Hoe-down from Rodeo is an awful lot of tonguing and is always tricky. Faure's Pavane is one of those pieces with lovely chances for legato....or just playing out of tune! Hm...Some Elgar, some Rimsky-Korsakov, and some Strauss...and that's just what I can remember of the GFSO repertoire. I haven't seen the music for the ASO concert yet. It's just as varied, I seem to remember, but a little more Symphony-oriented ("Symphony" referring to the form, not the orchestra).

On March 5th, I should be playing Howard Sandroff's Tephillah for solo clarinet and electronics in the Village at NYU's Loewe Theatre. I'm still waiting on the Max patch for that, but the clarinet part is quite a chore. It's a constant churn...

I think there are a couple of other events in there, but I can't remember them off the top of my head.

Hm...anything else? Reeds? They stink as always, but what else is new. It's nearly time for me to make one of my massive orders.

Anyone know of any good syncing programs for Vista and my MotoQ? I need to come up with something better than syncing to my old computer. My new laptop is better than HAL, but equal to KITT (the first one).

Sounds like a new year...As Jake and Elwood say, "It's a hundred and six miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses... Hit it."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home