Thursday, December 18, 2008

Vacation from being all academically inclined and stuff

Okay, the semester finally ended and I'm finally free!...er...kind of free!....sorta free-ish? Alright, I still have plenty to do, but at least I'm done with all papers and whatnot!

After spending my day footnoting and dropping off paperwork in varying offices, I've finally managed to finish all scholarly activity for at least three weeks. Until then, I can manage to practice, do some library stuff, and study scores. That should carry me over until I get back to studying and working in January.

I'm particularly interested in getting back to work on a new piece that's being written for me by Emiliano Pardo, a post-doctoral fellow at NYU. His piece is really turning out to be neat, but we've both been working like dogs on it. To be fair, he's had to work a great deal harder than me. I'm just a trained clarinet-playing monkey.

Sorry I haven't been posting concert listings. There was a GFSO concert I played a little while back. Several recordings...er...For the life of me, I can't think of the next concert. I'm that tired. Tomorrow, maybe I'll get my long-term memory back and post properly with all kind of wondrous events of mine that you should see and hear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home